Friday 24 February 2017

Advice needed: 13 year old "joking" about suicide in school


It has been brought to my attention by the school vice principal that my daughter (13) and friends often talk casually about suicide in class and lunch. How to kill themselves, where to do it, no one would care ... ha ha so funny. When confronted by the vice principal, they said they don't mean it, its just a joke, they just talk about it when they are bored. ARE THEY THAT BORED?I am FREAKING out. Is this really something that "kids these days" just talk about casually????I can tell you my daughter has a great and comfortable life - she is very fortunate - but I know that depression can effect anyone so I am very concerned. I myself have battled depression and take medication for depression and anxiety.I don't want to overreact and put her off, but at the same time, I want to take this seriously.Any advice? Thank you. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2lipxEb

No comments:

Post a Comment