Saturday 25 February 2017

I need some advice


My girlfriend and I just had our first child on the first of January this year. I was laid off a full time job in November and acquired a part time job on the local airforce base. I work an average of four days a week, 6-7 hours a day right now. My job is very labor intensive, and a few months ago I was rear ended at a red light, and I've had serious back issues since, so I'm constantly in a lot of pain. My girlfriend doesn't work, but we live with family right now, so we don't have to stress about rent. My problem is, she feels like I'm not doing enough to help out with our child, and it constantly causes arguments. When I'm not at work and I'm home, I watch our child and try to keep her entertained unless she's hungry or extremely fussy and just wants to be comforted by her mom. My girlfriend cooks everyday for the house as part of us living here rent free. And she watches the baby while I'm at work, when I work. So when I get home from work, we usually go straight to the store for food for the night, then she starts cooking right away when we are home, and I watch our child. For me it's very hard to entertain her for a certain amount of time because of my back injury and sometimes I just need a break to relax, especially since I do all the cleaning on top of working a labor intensive job, and watching our child from the moment I'm home, or the entire time I'm home on days I don't work. But for some reason she constantly wants to bicker because she feels I'm not doing enough to help out with our kid. And this isn't stressful enough for me only making 300 dollars bi-weekly, worrying about wether or not I'm going to be able to afford the bills we do have on top of diapers and wipes for our kid. I just need to know what to do, and to know if I'm really not doing enough to help out, because I feel like I'm doing my best, and doing everything I can. But she reassures me daily that I'm not. Sorry for the vent, any and all advice is welcome. P.s. this is both of ours first child. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2lGxvIe

No comments:

Post a Comment