Tuesday 28 February 2017

Need advice on on daycare/birthday/friends situation.


My daughter is going to be three next month and she´s been going to daycare two days a week for about 18 months now. Initially she had a hard time adjusting, but now, she seems to like being there. She still cries a little bit when we bring her in the morning, but she stops after a minute and when I pick her up, I always find her happy.Although she has found a good friend at daycare that we also meet outside of daycare now, acording to the teachers, my daughter seems to find it difficult interacting with the other kids. She like playing with her one or two friends but if they´re not there or busy playing with other kids, she´ll apparently just play by herself. She´s very interested in the other kids and tells us a lot about everyone every night. She´s also very advanced in talking. But she just seems to find it difficult approaching other kids.Now her birthday is approaching and although I thought about organizing a nice little party with a few friends of her and their parents at our appartment, she keeps naming all those kids from daycare that she wants to invite. I don´t know them or their parents and I´ve asked the teacher and she was very surprised, because my daughter doesn´t really play with those kids when at daycare.One of the girls my daughter wanted to invite recently had a birthday party and some of the kids where invited but not my daughter. It seems like some kids have formed groups of friends. Many kids go to the daycare 5 days a week whereas our daughter is only there 2 days, so obviously those kids know eachother better than my daughter does. Adding to that that she might not be very outgoing towards other kids.So I´m torn now. On one hand, I didn´t really plan on having a huge birthday party, let alone invite all those people that I don´t even know. I´d have to rent a venue ( our appartment would be too small) and it would be this whole different thing than what I had in mind. I also fear that if we invite all those kids, they will just hang out together at my daughter´s birthday party and it will be the same as at the daycare. We´ve been on big birthdayparties and she never seems to enjoy them. On smaller gatherings, though, she seems to be doing fine. On the other hand: what if those other kids have this whole network where they invite each other to parties and are friends and my daughter would really like to be part of that and I´m standing in her way with our small party?Or maybe I´m just projecting adult thinking on my three year old.So has anyone got some advice? What could I do in general to help my daughter connect with other kids? We are doing regular playdates with kids outside of daycare. Should I try to organize some playdates with the kids from daycare? Should I try to organize a big birthday party like my daughter wishes? Any other advice? I would love for my daughter to be more at ease when being with other kids in general. I know, three is super early, but the fact that she talks so much about kids she never plays with just makes me afraid that she maybe would like to play with those kids but doesn´t know how to go about it. I´m probably just worrying to much, so any grounding words would also be welcome! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2lS23XA

No comments:

Post a Comment