Sunday 26 February 2017

Circumcising one kid but not the other. Is this asking for trouble?


Using a throwaway for obvious reasons.I know circumcision is a hot button topic. I am not trying to start an argument about it. Please keep it civil.I have 4 kids with my husband. Our older three are girls and our youngest is a boy. Our son is 2 years old. We are expecting another boy in May.Because my husband is the one with the penis, I let circumcision be his decision with our son. I didn't really know that much about it at the time. I know that I should have researched it more, but I didn't. My son was circumcised. There haven't been any complications and he is doing fine.When I found out I was expecting another boy I did some more research on circumcision and realized that it wasn't something I wanted to put another son of mine through. My husband listened to my concerns, talked to doctors, and actually agreed that circumcision wasn't the way we wanted to go.Our boys will share a room and will probably bathe together during childhood. I am sure they will discover pretty early on that there penises look different. How do I explain why I circumcised Son1 but didn't circumcise Son2? I feel like Son1 is going to resent me for it. What's my excuse? That I couldn't be bothered to do research on it for Son1 but did for Son2?Has anyone experienced this before? How did you explain it? How did your kids react? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2lYYRvR

No comments:

Post a Comment