Saturday 25 February 2017

What's a healthy amount of worrying?


When I had my first son, I naturally started worrying more. Is it a cold or pneumonia? Is he dressed properly for the weather? Is he getting enough nutrients or too many snacks?But when I got pregnant with my second, I started worrying about bigger things: If our car stalls on the railroad tracks, and I have to get 2 kids out of car seats, who do I get out first? Over the last 3 years those dramatic concerns have continued and I'm worried that maybe it isn't normal? At least once a week I dream of a disaster that puts one or more of my kids' lives at risk. Often a friend or cousin is also involved in the danger (pretty sure my psyche does that to save me from watching horrendous things happen to my own kids). Kids falling from great heights, me in a river with kids who can't stay afloat, waterfalls, avalanches, tumbling down the stairs, you name it - I've dreamt it.Do you worry like this about your kids? Is this normal? Should I be seeing a doctor about anxiety or something? Thanks for your feedback! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2mwydHf

No comments:

Post a Comment