Tuesday 28 February 2017

Looking for advice on how to approach controlled crying


My wife and I have been having a terrible time lately with our 18 month old, who suddenly severely regressed in her sleeping.She's never been the greatest sleeper, but almost reached the point of sleeping through when she reverted to waking 3/4 times a night, screaming. Not crying or whining. Screaming. Like someone was torturing her.We discussed with our doctor and they suggested it sounds like night terrors, and the best approach was to leave her be and not intervene. Supposedly 9/10 the terror will pass in 15-30 minutes and she should fall back asleep.I'm down with trying this except for one major issue. I can't handle her crying. As soon as she starts crying in the night, I'm awake. My chest tightens, my breathing gets shallow and I basically want to move heaven and earth to make her stop.Does anyone have any experience with this controlled crying and strategies to use to stop yourself from going in and trying to intervene? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2lwZA3V

No comments:

Post a Comment