Saturday 25 February 2017

My three year old hits me and I have no clue how to punish my kid.


I am going nuts! I am a single mom and my daughter just turned three... and is the spawn of Satan. Don't get me wrong, I love her, but I am losing my mind. She hits, she fights, she throws fits, she is three -but I can't punish her!I do the standard remove her from the situation when we are in public. Just scoop her up and take her outside to calm down and it works 90% of the time - at home it is a different story. She will hit me and then laughs in my face. I try to put her in time out and she just runs out of the chair and laughs, I put her to bed early and she just gets up and plays in the dark. I have tried crying to try to make her feel remorseful but she just laughs harder. I am at my wits end and so close to just losing it and spanking her. You are 'supposed' to tailor the punishment to the offense so the learn the concept of consequences but what else can I do about hitting besides just eye for eyeing it? Does anyone have anything that has worked? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2kYdNdI

No comments:

Post a Comment