Saturday 25 February 2017

Childproofing house for two infants


Hello! I live in a 2 story condo with my wife and our 2 month old. Through some fairly ridiculous and unfortunate circumstances my sister has lost custody of her 6 month old and CPS is coming this Monday to screen our house for her placement until this whole thing is sorted out in April. So we are about to experience the joy of having two babies under one year old at the same time! I have some questions about what a CPS social worker would be looking for in assessing a house.1) I understand I'm going to have to get outlet covers and mount the TV to the wall and all that jazz even though both infants are completely nonambulatory. Should I just preemptively move everything that's low enough for tiny hands to reach? Do I need outlet covers in every single room or just the ones babies will have access to?2) I own two AR-15 rifles, not kept in a safe but rather at the top of our upstairs bedroom closet where I can barely reach it, let alone a pair of babies even if they were communicating and working together Rugrats style. I'm going to disassemble both just in car and hopefully CPS won't be bothered by them.3) I have like 500 rounds of ammunition for them too. The ammunition I think is 100 times more dangerous for a baby than the gun itself. Should I just bite the bullet(ha ha!) and get a small safe to keep it in?4) Do I need to keep the dogs dishes away from baby's reach when doge is not eating?5) are there any things I might not think of that a CPS worker would notice? I want this whole thing to go as smoothly as possible.Thanks in advance. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2lR8Pi6

No comments:

Post a Comment