Sunday 26 February 2017

My boyfriend is mean to my son


I've been dating this guy for four years, lived together for three. I have a 10 year old and his sons are 8&10. He has never bonded with my son beyond family movies or comic book store viists. He gets annoyed when my son is being a kid or laughing and playing etc. I can visibly notice my son shrink himself around my boyfriend so he won't get yelled at. Now my boyfriend said I can't have my son's birthday party at our house because he doesn't want to deal with my extended family for three hours on his day off. WTF should I do? Is it time to break up? I'm afraid my son is going to face lasting fear of being himself because he always gets yelled at essentially for existing around my boyfriend.Edit: I grew up in a house where my dad's way of communicating was to yell. Never had a conversation with the man, not once. Based on this, I'm wondering, do dad's just yell? Is that normal? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2lnQrKE

No comments:

Post a Comment