Monday 27 February 2017

Painfully Shy 5 Year Old Daughter


My 5 year old daughter is painfully shy. She talks to me and her daddy, occasionally to her grandparents, she talks some to her cousins but that's about it. I have asked her teacher at school if she talks to her and she said some, and I know she talks to her little friendsThe problem is let's say the doctor asks her how old she is, she only makes this weird face and won't speak at all. I have tried prompting her, I've started avoiding saying she is shy as I heard that labels her and she will then act shy. But she makes this face like she is totally stumped by the question.Another part of the problem is she has red hair and blue eyes, all the red haired parents know what I'm talking about, strangers comment on her hair or eyes constantly. I'm not going to tell these people to stop as she needs to learn to accept a compliment and how to deal with people.My mother in law says my husband was like this. Her solution was to put him in a theater group, he went once and told her never to do that to him again. He too has the red hair and she said he was so embarrassed when people would talk to him. It's like him and my daughter wanted nothing more than to fly under the radar but people keep talking to them.Does anyone have any advice on this? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2lrD8cn

No comments:

Post a Comment