Friday 24 February 2017

The dad I didn't have...


I've spent my whole day missing someone I don't even think I know. I miss my dad so much today...I cried. A lot. But what do I miss? A man who wasn't around while I grew up? A drunk? The person who abused my mother in every way known to man? Because that's the dad I knew. Then. Then I was 17 and a new baby girl was born. Her mom was/is a terrible person. She didn't love that little girl. She didn't parent her. So he stepped up. He was gentle and kind. He was loving and handed out discipline as it was needed and did so fairly. She raves about him all the time. How he kept her alive the past 18 yeas, how he cared for her when she was sick..which was often. Just recently she posted about him driving 2 hours to go and take her to a Dr apt for a cold...a cold! Yet when I had cervical cancer he didn't even call...so who the hell do I miss so fucking much? I guess the answer is simple, I miss the dad I never had. The one I so badly wanted...the one my husband is to my kids....I miss him something terrible today. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2ljk4go

No comments:

Post a Comment