Monday 27 February 2017

4.5 year old prefers daddy since new baby arrived (7 months ago!)


I've reached my limit! I need some advice.My husband and I had our second baby over the summer and our first son was not too happy about being dethroned. He regressed with feeding, dressing himself, sleeping in his own room, etc but his pediatritian said he would smooth out by six months. It did. (although he is still not happy about his new brother being around).I was ebf for the first few months and I was the primary caretaker of the infant while my husband cared for our older son.I think this arrangement backfired and now my 4.5 year old wants nothing to do with me. He doesn't want to hang out with me, or play when I have time to. He begrudgingly comes over when my husband tells him to or to be nice to me.He only wants to be with daddy.Yes, we've tried having my husband take more responsibility with the baby now that he's a few months and on the bottle. The 4 year old still doesn't want anything to do with me.I'm broken about this. We used to be so close. It kills me when he doesn't even want to sit next to me (especially if I'm holding the baby).What am I doing wrong? Anyone have any experience with this?I miss my little guy. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2m2VCmX

No comments:

Post a Comment