Friday 28 April 2017

Toddler (34 months) discipline for required activities


I think I have discipline down pretty well for things that my son shouldn't be doing. For instance if he is not treating his ukulele gently it goes away until later. Or if he makes a mess I have him help me clean it up. I use natural consequences whenever I can.However I am struggling with discipline for things that he is required to do, like brushing teeth. Usually he is good with brushing his teeth. But sometimes he doesn't want to (or let me do it for him either). My approach thus far has been to not let him do anything else or go anywhere else until the required activity is complete. I stay very calm while he tantrums for 5-30 minutes. This approach "works" but it doesn't feel good. Afterwards I try to reconnect with him usually by reading a book while snuggling together.Any other tips? Thanks! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2qeDh5v

No comments:

Post a Comment