Sunday 30 April 2017

General parenting rant


What do you do when you just feel like you're done? Out of options.My kids act like everything I say is a suggestion or negotiable.My 6.5 yo and I have been having THE SAME ARGUMENTS/CONVERSATIONS, ETC. for at least three years!! He is a VERY SMART CHILD! But with that comes strong willed, stubborn, and frustrating. STOP waking up the whole household when YOU get up in the morning. DON'T stand on the couch. STOP INTERRUPTING PEOPLE WHEN THEY'RE SPEAKING!!! The kid can remember his second birthday but he can't seem to remember everyday life lessons I tell him every single day!"No TV until your homework is done." (usually read a book and do 2-3 math problems.)"But mom, wait. Why don't I do xyz first and then homework? Why can't I read my book at bedtime? I only have 2 math problems. I can do them after dinner..." EVERY. DAMN. NIGHT.The one that makes me want to pull my hair out is "But I don't want to..." ??? I didn't ask! It's not a "choice" situation! DO IT!!!Maybe it's because I'm an older parent. I've tried to be calm and rational and discuss things instead of giving orders. But, especially with the older son, it just doesn't work. He has to be given very strict parameters or else chaos ensues. And even then, there's usually a tantrum of some sort.But I'm just worn out. I feel like I've thrown in the towel. Everyday I'm repeating the same things so I just stopped. I cook, I take them to school, I pick them up, I cook again, we go to bed. I'm in such a rut :( via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2oMlvK8

No comments:

Post a Comment