Friday 28 April 2017

35 year old Dad diagnosed with a terminal illness. How do I tell my 4 year old little girl?


Hey Reddit.Throwaway for reasons.I'm not looking for sympathy, but for insight on how I can tell my daughter I'm going to die.Posted this in a different sub and they said to try here.I was diagnosed with a disease that's given me an expiration date. While the doctors haven't been able to give me any actual time line their best guess is two years max.I've come to terms with this. I've always known living forever wasn't possible and to be honest, another younger me would of welcomed it with open arms. But all that changed when my daughter came into the world.I'll save the dad rant because every father is suppose to know their daughter is one of the most important things for them to ever have in their lives and vice versa (IMO). I love this girl with everything I am and the last thing I ever want to do is hurt her and everytime I try to say anything to her or my ex.. that's what I feel like I'm doing.Ex knows something's up but isn't pushing it because she knows that pushing makes me push back harder. Money won't be an issue after I'm gone for various reasons I don't feel comfortable with sharing online so I'll know they'll never go without.But how do I tell her?How can I tell my little girl daddy's going away?How the hell am I going to break her heart like that?I don't really know what to expect posting this. My counciler hasn't been much help with this part.Any prayers or things like that I ask that you keep for someone you love and please.. If you have a father, call them and tell them you love him.tl;dr:how do I break my little girls heart? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2qoIWp2

No comments:

Post a Comment