Thursday 27 April 2017

How do you deal with technology/how much technology do you allow your kids to have?


I have 2 teenagers, 13F and 16M.Both of them like technology and I'm very liberal on how much I allow. I don't really place any time restrictions (unless homework/other responsibilities aren't being completed) and I don't track/monitor phone usage.Both my children have fairly high end smartphones and are on them alot of (they saved and purchased them on their own) my son's phone is 4 years old be he said he's installed custom firmware and he's fine with the way it runs and my daughter has a Nexus 6P which she purchased over a year ago.I've gotten criticism from other parents for being too generous and then they go on about how they have strict time limits on their kids' smartphone and internet usage.What are your thoughts? Should I be more strict or let them be as long as they aren't getting into trouble.Edit: should also add my husband works in IT so both my kids learn alot from him. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2oAYYzu

No comments:

Post a Comment