Saturday 29 April 2017

How do I tell my kids that our dog is dying?


We just had our 5 year old dog checked because she developed a large bump on the bridge of her nose, and it came back to be cancerous. The vet said because of its location it isn't really operable, and even if we did steroid shots for 7 weeks to try and shrink it, and then operate, the chances of removing all of it are slim to none. She gave her 3-6 months if we want her to live out her life, which we are probably going to do until she starts showing signs of discomfort.So yeah... This sucks. And on top of this all, we are planning on moving to a new state at the end of May. The wheels are already in motion so we are going to have to go no matter what, our house is sold. I have 3 kids, 11f, 7m, 3m. My 11 year old considers our dog to be hers, we promised her a dog when we bought a house and got her one when we did.... They are super close. My 7 year old son is super sensitive, he still breaks down sobbing occasionally about missing my grandmother who passed away 2 years ago. Those are the two I'm really worried about. They are already sad about moving away from all their friends, and now their dog is dying? I mean, come on universe?! I'm so lost as to what to tell them and when.Tl/dr: our 5 year old dog has been given 3-6 months to live, how do we tell our kids who are already bummed out about us moving out of state in a month?Edit: grammar via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2qqitHL

No comments:

Post a Comment