Friday 28 April 2017

Finally ready to transition my toddler from the bottle; looking for advice


My 18 mo old still takes a bottle 4 times a day. Here is his schedule:7am wake7:30 bottle9am breakfast11am bottle12/12:30pm lunch1-3 nap4pm bottle5:30 dinner6:45 bottle7pm bedI'm aware that him still taking a bottle at this age is less than ideal. But he has be underweight since he was 10 days old and he JUST made it on the weight charts (1th percentile, baby!) at his 18mo apt. His head and length have been consistently in the 50th percentile...hes just a string bean. His pediatrician said it was fine to continue the bottle until he was 2, in the interest of weight gain.I want him to continue drinking as much milk as he usually does...but I think we are ready to ditch the nipples. How the hell do I go about it? I am feeling a little lost since we have had the same routine forever.Any help is appreciated :-) Thanks in advance! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2pbDBDA

No comments:

Post a Comment