Thursday 27 April 2017

Are my expectations out of whack?


I share 50/50 custody with my ex. We have two kiddos (10y & 13y). My ex had surgery on his foot about 5 weeks ago. It's in a cast and he cannot bear weight, he is cruching around and has a knee scooter. Because of the surgery I've had the kids on my own for the last 6 weeks. He is getting around, driving, going out with his girlfriend, and going to other social events. He's had the kids just three overnights in the last six weeks and maybe five visits total. Now, he is refusing to take his own kids overnight even though he can take care of them. Yes, it's a bit more of a pain, but he can do it. He's flat out refusing to have them overnight when I ask. It's making me crazy...partly because...I could use a little break and partly because I don't care if I was in a full body cast I would figure out a way to have my kids. I'm so frustrated and feeling like I have zero control and zero understanding of the situation. His commitment to parenting is so disappointing. It's especially exacerbated this week because both kids were home sick from school most (for one) and all week (for the other) and I've had to miss work/work from home...so really NO break at all. Taking deep breaths...am I just expecting too much? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2oOzYA4

No comments:

Post a Comment