Saturday 29 April 2017

Hosting other kids- etiquette question


So we have a 9 month old baby at home and my husband's goddaughter's parents asked if we could have his goddaughter (age 9) and her sister (age 7) over for the weekend so they can go away on a special trip. That in of itself is totally fine, the girls are easygoing and sweet and I don't mind having them around for the weekend.Here's the etiquette portion- this is a favor we are doing that will likely not be returned or at least not for years to come. I feel like if I asked someone to watch my kid/kids for the weekend, I would offer a bit of money to cover some expenses; for instance, I do have to buy a ton more food than I normally would and we are taking them out to do a couple of lowkey fun activities and there will be some costs involved in that too, like admission fees.The parents did not offer any kind of pocket money for the girls' weekend expenses and I kind of feel like this is a bit rude; I would probably feel differently if they were likely to return the favor in the next year or so but I know that's not going to happen. Or is that totally fine on their part? What do you guys think?Edit: definitely would never actually ask for money! I am just wondering whether it is the etiquette to offer. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2oILDFz

No comments:

Post a Comment