Wednesday 26 April 2017

Please help me help my toddler eat lunch


I will preface by saying that despite the "breast is best" promises of a non picky eater if I exclusively breast fed, my kid has always been a bit picky about food. We tried BLW and it did not work for us and he didn't eat a lot in the way of solids until he was 11-13mo. It didn't help that he had a mild egg allergy and we were advised to avoid all egg until just a few weeks ago when we got the all clear from his dic to try again. He is still mostly a grazer with week long phases of insatiability where he will eat and eat all day.Anyway, he started early preschool last Monday and since then his daily reports have all said that he's eaten "bites" or "some" of his lunch and anywhere between "none" and "all" of his mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack.He eats breakfast okay and because I know that there is an adjustment period I've been sending lunches that he almost always finishes at home. For instance pb&j with goldfish crackers, tomatoes, and string cheese or Deli meat, cheese, strawberries, & graham crackers. These are our go-tos for stuff we know he'll eat but apparently he's barely touching this stuff at school.Their snacks are provided and seem to mostly consist of crackers, popcorn, various fruits, and water. They also make their own snacks once a week and last week was zucchini muffins which apparently he loved, but mostly he doean't eat the snacks either.I have no idea what else to try. I send all his favorite foods and he still isn't eating. At this point I'm thinking it's because he's used to eating at noon and their lunch is 11am? Maybe that's the reason, I don't know.He is a little over 2.5yr and this is his first time in care other than with family. He's there from 7:45am-5pm via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2phnF14

No comments:

Post a Comment