Thursday 27 April 2017

How to tell my parents I was abused in daycare without making them feel terrible?


When I was a kid, both my parents worked and I went to in home day cares after school. I was molested around 6-7 years old by the older child of one of the care providers.I realized this only when I started to become sexually active as a teenager. I think I blocked it out/forgot about what happened until those same parts were being touched by my boyfriend at around 18 years old.I am in my 30s now, I have processed it all, without professional help. But I have never discussed it with my parents. I am pretty sure they don't know. They have never mentioned anything and they would have gotten me counseling if they knew.Now I have my own kid who is 4. My husband and I both work. He goes to a preschool, but I am wondering what to do when he goes to kindergarten. My parents are telling me I should put him in an in home after school care, like I went to. But I don't know how to tell them I am not comfortable with it and why without telling them what happened and that I am concerned the same thing or similar will happen to him. I don't want to make them feel bad for something that happened 30 years ago. It would devastate my mom.Any advice on how to tell them? A lie to tell them?Please don't tell me to leave work early and pick him up, that just isn't an option.Thanks in advance for advice/support! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2oOw5v5

No comments:

Post a Comment