Friday 28 April 2017

Strategies to help a 2 year old be more attached to his mom?


I'm sorry I know my title is awful, I don't know how to phrase it. He used to prefer me, as any kid grows to like a parent. But it's getting more so everyday, and while I appreciate the love, I worry about how it makes his mom feel. I did a quick search and it seems the children building a strong preference towards a particular parents can be caused by a few things. But in lieu of being able to change those things. What are some things I could try to make him treat her more like me? There is a behavior side to this as well, where he not only doesn't listen to her but will be downright resistant to her. The behavior thing may just be because he's that age. But I think him shrugging off his mom repeatedly is beginning to hurt her feelings.I know it's not something I should worry this much about...but she was a single mom for almost a year before I met her and with the amount of love and care she has given him, I feel awful when he shuns her for me. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2oSUn7S

No comments:

Post a Comment