Sunday 26 June 2016

The never-ending guilt...


I am constantly plagued with guilt regarding our children. I feel like I should always be with them. I feel I should only let them eat good food. I feel like I am just not doing a good job. Right now, I am working on setting up a small business for myself so that we might be able to accomplish goals in our family much faster than we would otherwise. I have spent all day working on this while the kids are, honestly, having a really great time just chilling and playing video games on the computer. My 10-year-old has set up some kind of personal high-school simulator on a Minecraft server, which she has advertised for days and now is actually playing with people online who want to play in her "world." My 8-year-old son is also playing games on the computer -- one that he has wanted for a while and we set up yesterday. The fact that they've been doing this all day bothers me, but I try not to let it get to me because all week they are outdoors at summer camp from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm. I don't know.TL;DR I need to hear about everyone else's parental guilt so I don't feel so alone.... via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/28WVM7V

No comments:

Post a Comment