Monday 27 June 2016

Talking about death and funerals, 5 yo.


We are not religious. In the span of 2 years I lost 2 grandparents and a brother. My son knew them. He is 5. He asks about death, where do they go, when he's going to die, when we are going to die, but also brings up our deceased relatives in general conversation from time to time like: that puppy looks like uncle 's puppy.. We listen, we ask him questions, we converse with him about it, but we don't have firm answers like heaven, etc. we generally talk about it like "well some people believe this and some people believe that"...When he says he misses his uncle, I say I miss him too.I'm curious about what other parents with similar non beliefs have said or done.AND do you bring them to funerals, wakes, etc? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/295beBv

No comments:

Post a Comment