Monday 27 June 2016

Daughter's friend has lice....


Our 8 year old daughter had a friend stay the night this past Saturday. Upon bed time, my wife noticed that the little girl had lice. I had my wife take her home to her parents, as we would not take any risks. I immediately bagged everything, and my wife purchased a treatment kit for us just to be safe. Now today, her friend is back out in the neighborhood and is playing with my daughter (which is fine). She told us that her mom treated her hair and everything is fine. She is now asking if my daughter can come swimming in her pool. I'm a bit weary of this because we have dealt with lice before and it was terrible. I'm also weary of letting her back into our house so soon. What would you consider a reasonable time table for things to go back to normal?PS: I'd like to add I know she doesn't have the plague, I'm just being very careful about this whole thing. When my daughter got lice this past school year, we have to spend alot of time and money to fix this issue. I really don't want to have to do that again!Edit 1: The pool that she wants her to swim in is a kid's pool, so there is no chlorine! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/28Z2wCl

No comments:

Post a Comment