Thursday 30 June 2016

I Created a Human and Set Her Loose Upon the World


Hey fellow parents. I know there's many here who can relate to my sentiment here, but forgive me if this isn't the place for this. I'm a mess of emotions right now and I wanted a place to vent them where others would understand where I'm coming from. This subreddit looks like that place.This morning, I dropped my daughter off at the airport to go start her adult life on the other side of the country. As a single dad, that was both the hardest, yet most important thing I've ever had to do. It both fills me with pride, and it terrifies me.She's a smart kid, much smarter than I was when I was eighteen. She's got strong passions that he works hard for, and while sometimes she's too hard on herself, I've seen with my own eyes what she can do when she's determined.It occurred to me this morning after dropping her off that I had fulfilled my biological imperative. I did my part to create a human, and I set her loose upon the world. I can only hope I've prepared her for what's to come.Anyway.I just want to say to all other parents running this solo: Be patient, guide them, but let them figure out who they are. They'll surprise you in the best of ways sometimes. And they're among some of the strongest memories you'll have when they're out on their own.Even through the tough times, keep positive. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/29aTsLl

No comments:

Post a Comment