Sunday 26 June 2016

Somewhat torn with Grandparents on other side of country


(Sorry for longish post)I've lived in the Southwest for 8 years. It wasn't a huge deal, until I had my child then things started to get a little difficult dealing with my mom being on East coast. My husband's family is also all close in same state as well.To my surprise, my mom and stepdad decided to sell their home and move closer to us. Their new home is all paid for and they love it. Main reason why they moved? So they can be Grandparents to my son. They also was pretty sick of the weather. This was HUGE for them as they never moved out of same town for over 30+ years.I, of course, was thrilled. Almost a year later, I'm somewhat feeling bad for my husband. I was never really close to his family and such. Our lives has changed a bit (husband lost his job a year ago and has been looking since....hard to find one in this area when there's more opportunities, but not guarantees, over in East).I'm torn because I absolutely do not want to move, especially when I really enjoy cycling, the community, overall atmosphere. Everything I need is within 5-10-15 miles. While in East, I would have to drive 30+ min to just get to a large chain store for example.Today, we talked to his parents and brothers for a birthday party of a 1 year old in our family. Husband hung up the phone and basically said he misses that. Which was a little weird because he's SUCH a homebody. But I think being a dad changes things. We never even met the newest member of the family, nor they have seen my son since Dec 2014. I told him that if my parents weren't here, I would up and move.I just feel bad - do anyone have stories on dealing with one side of family being close by and the other side super far away? We Skype weekly, but of course you know, it's not the same. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/292Lrda

No comments:

Post a Comment