Tuesday 28 June 2016

Daughter's first heartbreak


Dad here [47] and my daughter [17] just went through a breakup a couple of days ago and it's literally the most emotionally painful thing I've ever had to watch. It's like watching a mini version of my wife break down over some teenage asshole, and as a dad it's really hard to watch. The more broken up she gets over this guy the angrier I get. I feel powerless, because what can I really do. It's not like I can knock on this kid's door beat his ass and drive back home (wish I could), without winding up in jail. Sunday she was an emotional wreck. Crying, stayed in her room, didn't eat anything all day that day. My wife seems to be handling it way better than I am and she thinks the best thing to do is to let it run its course and let her talk it out. I understand that, but it's so hard watching her cry over this guy. Yesterday she came to me tears in her eyes "dad what do I do, what do I do" then she started whaling! I feel like she wants me to fix something that I can't and it hurts me too. My sons are ready to beat the crap out of this kid as well, so there's that we are also dealing with. The kid didn't hit her or anything it was more of one of those "I need my own space/puppy love" breakups. I knew this was going to happen one day but I didn't think I'd feel this shitty over it. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/299PYdP

No comments:

Post a Comment