Sunday 26 June 2016

Disobedient Daughter: Constantly lies and steals


Now I don't it really matter since I plan on relaying any useful info to my parents but I am actually the eldest child and brother of said daughter.So my brother and sister were adopted from Russia before they could even speak and a variety of factors including an alcoholic birth mother and neglect and malnourishment at their orphanage led to some health issues. At first glance my brother seems to be the only one that ended up with lifelong issues which is what my parents believe but maybe my sister's issues stem from such a background. Even if so that could be another issue entirely.Now my sister has basically been "grounded" for the last year or so. I say "grounded" because there is basically no way to enforce her punishment since my dad is out of state working and my mom works at car dealership which has awful hours getting back around 10pm or even later. She sneaks around doing what she wants, when she wants. It's not like her punishments were ever really harsh or anything only taking her phone away and having her social media deleted(she was posting some rather revealing photos since age 15, she's 16 now and partaking in chat rooms she had no place being on).It means nothing to her though, just this year me and my mom confiscated 8! yes 8 damn phones from her like why the hell do people keep giving her there old phones. There were a few last year also but I forget how many.Now her social media stuff is bad but that's not the main reason for her punishment. She steals and lies constantly even when there is nothing to gain for doing so. Since young she was always one to steal little things. Like when grocery shopping where every other kid would ask for candy or a toy car which my parents almost always did she would just take candy without asking. I would say my parents handled it well the times she was caught. They would call the manager ahead of time to request they actually respond well(the first time w/o calling the guy basically said he didn't really care).Now at age 16 she literally steals everything she wants and likely even stuff she has no need for. She's yet to be caught but she is likely stealing from stores but that's minor to at home. Now she has personally stolen over $100 from me and nearly $150 of weed which my parent's, her, and me all discussed yesterday. Briefly she "thinks" (99% bs, shitty lie) that since it's illegal it's ok to steal it. I call bs because she steals my money, cologne, headphones, food, etc also. She stole $35 from my special ed brother's room at once, that is literally every penny he had all at once. She also basically abuses the kid for amusement egging him on causing him to melt down.Does not stop there by any means. Anyone familiar with Ritalin which my brother basically needs to function in society? Well she steals that which we now think she sells(to be detailed down below) along with my mom's Xanax. She also steals anything else that's in pill form. Either ignorance to the medications effects or the desire to steal any and all she even takes antibiotics and other stuff with 0 recreational usage. Along with this she makes literally 0 attempt to hide this stuff. Like if you don't want to get caught you make it look like you didn't take anything but nope she steals so impulsively that she cannot comprehend stealth. She steals entire bottles of pills, finishes bottles of alcohol, takes every bill from someone's wallet aside from ones, etc.So our belief that she sells what she steals. Now as you could likely guess it has been a good while since she was given money by her parents and she has no job. Yesterday I confiscated a variety of pills from her along with 3 fucking copies of the key to my bedroom from her room after she stole a nug of weed then go grocery shopping for the family and pick up some prescriptions as I'm the eldest child and my mom works way too much. Anyway she breaks into my room takes back pills ALL of my weed(add another $40 to what she owes me) and asks to walk to her friends. We find out she only spend 30 minutes at friends house before walking elsewhere unknown. I come home bust into her room but can't find anything other then a wad of $80 that was not there earlier that day.I really want to help out my mom but I am starting to think this issue is far beyond us to fix. Any suggested course of action or program is greatly appreciated. Honestly I think she needs to be sent somewhere else for the summer like that desert in the movie holes for example sounds nice. Also sorry for the long post I definitely went on a bit but idk what to remove.So my brother and sister were adopted from Russia before they could even speak and a variety of factors including an alcoholic birth mother and neglect and malnourishment at their orphanage led to some health issues. At first glance my brother seems to be the only one that ended up with lifelong issues which is what my parents believe but maybe my sister's issues stem from such a background.TLDR: Adopted russian sister lies and steals constantly while disregarding my mother completely and issue is likely beyond us to fix alone. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/28XHTJM

No comments:

Post a Comment