Thursday 30 June 2016

Bulimic Baby


Ok. It was cute (and totally wrong) to call my constant thrower upper my Bulimic Baby. She spit up alot, but it was not just spit up. My girl threw up fully. She choked and threw up - a lot as a baby. I am talking throwing up breast milk. I've talk to the doctor. We've tried medicine. But it seemed more situational - she chokes or gets upset and throws up. We've tried the Barium Swallow test, and there is nothing physically wrong with her.Now the gal is 2.5 years old. We carry barf bags constantly. Sometimes it is in the car (car sick?), sometimes it is in a restaurant (choking?), and sometimes (like this evening) is was in the bathtub because she was upset I brushed her teeth and was having her shower.A friend mentioned how anxious I was regarding her barfing. (I get it, I am her Mom of course I am anxious.) Another friend (same day, same incident - we were all out at a restaurant), mentioned anxiety.So, could SHE (my 2.5 year old) have anxiety? Could she be wanting to control the situation? (It seems now like she is trying to throw up at times....) Could my baby actually be bulimic? Bulimia IS serious. What if my daughter has it? Or can potentially developed it? She is two and a half! I know she does not have body image issue - she's two! Can she have a control issues and be using throwing up as a control?I am going to contact her pediatrician. Does anyone have experience with this? Any advice?!?Thanks in advance.Edit: I understand that the terms bulimia and anorexia are not correct terms. I just didn't know how else to describe it. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/296KBvp

No comments:

Post a Comment