Monday 27 June 2016

Caregiver makes questionable choices regarding my 2yo - what should I do?


Sorry for the wall of text. I went back to work full-time when my daughter was around 19mos old, so I hired a nanny to watch her when I am unable to work from home. Nanny had experience/references/etc., and everything seemed to be going well in the beginning. She has been working with my daughter for 7 months now, and certain issues have come up that I am having a hard time reconciling.1) My daughter still fights me when it's time for the nanny to take over. Every. Single. Day. I understand that she may be experiencing some separation anxiety, but I would think that she would eventually come to accept the nanny and our situation after 7 months.2) The nanny is habitually late (5-10 minutes) and expects to leave early any day when I arrive home prior to 5pm (her hours are 9-5pm). Some early days, she is putting her shoes on and gathering her things as I'm walking in the door. This annoys me, but I can look past it, because I am lucky enough to work for a company that has flexible hours.3) She forgets to put sunscreen/socks/a hat on my daughter when going out. I don't believe this to be intentional - I think she honestly forgets that my kid may need a hat on when it's snowing outside.4) She will rock my daughter to sleep for her nap, even though I have specifically asked her not to (we like our daughter to go in the crib awake, but tired, so she can work on putting herself to sleep). I confronted her about it last Monday, because my daughter kept asking for me to hold her during nap time over the weekend. The nanny assured me that she always puts her down when she's awake. On Friday, I was working from home and had the baby monitor with me in my office. I turned it on around nap time, and watched the nanny wrap my daughter up in a blanket and rock her to sleep.5) Today I received a ticket in the mail. I thought my husband may have gotten a ticket for running a red light, but when I went online to pay it, I learned that it's a speeding ticket tagged to my car. 60mph in a 35mph zone. I couldn't imagine how I got it, so I went back into my calendar to check the date/time. Turns on the nanny borrowed my car that day to take my daughter to story time. She was speeding in my car, with my child in the backseat. I am livid. My husband says I'm overreacting. Not sure what to do. I can look past all of the other minor issues that I have with her performance, but putting my child in harms way for no reason is beyond my realm of forgiveness. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/292UWss

No comments:

Post a Comment