Wednesday 29 June 2016

Bragging parents


Not a question, really. Mostly a vent.I struggle with my annoyance at parents who brag. Everybody thinks their kids are beautiful, brilliant and exceptional. But occasionally I end up talking to parents whose kids are objectively exceptional, and I get tired of their bragging.I have a Facebook friend who likes to write cute posts about what her daughter talks about, "Little Pumkin has announced that she'll reconcile quantum mechanics and the theory of relativity before she reaches second grade. What a rascal!" Another friend has a daughter who is physically very adept, and likes to update me on her current mile time, the fact that she's the youngest black belt in her school, etc.It's annoying. I dont know if I'm annoyed because I am jealous --either of their kids' accomplishments or their comfort with bragging...I want to brag, too! I tend to respond with something droll, "Oh? That's great. My kid has a black belt in Minecraft, ha ha."Thoughts? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/293Vfk5

No comments:

Post a Comment