Monday 27 June 2016

Husband being the "cool dad", sick of it!


My husband [45] and I [43] have two sons, one 16 and the other 17, and he's always trying to be the cool dad. He lets them do what ever they want, whenever they want, and it's been going on since they were born. He lets them smoke pot, he lets them have girls in the house, he lets them curse in the house and it just makes it hard on me because while he's being "cool dad" I'm the bad guy always and it's making me angry. We've talked about it and he always pulls the "boys are boys" bull and we end up arguing. The other night my 16 year old had his girlfriend in his bedroom in the middle of the night and she wasn't invited into my house! I go downstairs, open his bedroom door and his girlfriend is on top of him! I told my husband he started laughing and goes downstairs like a teenager himself and encourages the situation and further embarrasses the girl. This is not the first time this has happened.My 17 year old smokes pot 24/7 and my husband's response to this is "could be worse". He walks around in a total blur all the time and my husband doesn't seem bothered by this at all. Yes he does get good grades, yes he has a job, but he's not a great kid and the pot smoking just adds to the problem. He has issues keeping his hands to himself and he likes to box, so he does that but he doesn't only fight when he's at training, he fights everywhere. He was suspended a few days before school just ended do fighting.Any time I say anything I'm being a nag or they're telling me what dad said. He has them thinking that being an ass is appropriate because they are boys. This has become a weekly argument between my husband and I. He likes to use the "when we were young...." , I understand we weren't perfect either, but I don't want him allowing them to do whatever they want and using his past to justify it every single time. I'm sick of being the bad guy, what should I do? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/28Wvks1

No comments:

Post a Comment