Monday 30 March 2020

Worried about my daughter (F19). Since picking her up from college, she's barely left her room


By barely - she spends 23 hours a day in her room and we only see her when she emerges with headphones on to grab a handful of cookies or eat dinner. Even then, she spends 15 minutes at the table, then walks out without so much as picking up her plate from the table. She does still have classes and spends a good deal of time on them, but this seems a bit much.I've encouraged her to watch movies with us, help with dinner, etc. but she refuses. I've asked her how she's feeling and it's always "fine" barely looking up from her phone to acknowledge me.She started therapy in recent months and and told my wife and I she was mad at us for how her childhood went. TL/DR her younger brother had mental health issues, and we didn't give her enough attention for about all of high school. She also lived with her grandparents for much of that time because of her brother, and they were close to her school. So we did a shitty job supporting her when she needed us most.I can't fix the past, but want to start slowly repairing things at her pace. Looking for thoughts. Thanks! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Jqwkt4

No comments:

Post a Comment