Sunday 29 March 2020

Dont think DH wants to adopt my BD anymore


My husband always told me that he wanted to adopt my daughter one day. He came into her life when she was only a few months old and shes only met her bio dad one time. I loved so much that he actually wanted to be a father to her because I dont want her to grow up seeing her siblings have a dad and watching them bond and have all these experiences right in front of her that she'll never get. (Shes 3 now btw)Then, while I was pregnant things started feeling different. I feel like hes so much harder on her now and will say stuff like "at the end of the day shes not my daughter". How he has a hard time thinking of her the same way he thinks of his own 3 year old from a previous relationship. I just feel like I treat his child like my own how can it be so hard for him?I dont get it. I left for work and I come back and his son is sleeping in a shirt, sweats and socks and my daughter is sleeping with no pants, a long sleeved shirt, and a thick turtleneck sweater. He just doesnt think of her like he thinks of his son. He doesnt worry about her. I'm with both toddlers 5 days a week (ss3 is eow) and I always make sure to grab them both a snack, put clothes on both of them etc. Even when my husband is here. Hes always worried about making his son comfy and happy and making sure I'm not yelling at him or anything. He almost left me once because his son peed through a diaper in his sleep for crying out loud. I dunno. I just wanted to get this off my chest. I feel silly for hoping that he would actually want to adopt my daughter and it destroys me knowing she'll never get to experience a real bond with a father. Lame. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2wKbdPF

No comments:

Post a Comment