Monday 30 March 2020

How to get a 5 year old to wipe his butt after pooping?


This has been an issue for a long time but with the kids home it is really starting to get on my last nerve. My 5 year old has been potty trained since right after his second birthday. He'll be 6 in August so we are going on 4 years of having a completely accident free child.He is physically capable of wiping his butt. I have seen him do it multiple times but this kid's brain is always somewhere else. My husband and I have joked that if he woke up tomorrow morning and was the only person on earth, it would take him weeks to realize anything was wrong. He lives in his own little world and doesn't notice things. This unfortunately means that this kid will not wipe his butt if he doesn't feel like it. He'll just pull his pants up and will play outside like there isn't poop in his butt. If I catch him then I make him go back in the bathroom until he's all clean but I don't always catch him. Sometimes he'll sneak in and out before I notice and then he'll come back home smelling poop. He doesn't care what other kids think so I can't use that. He doesn't care if he gets a rash. I make him clean his own undies but that doesn't have any affect on him. It has gotten so bad that I considered locking the bathroom and making all 3 boys sign in and out so I know when he uses the bathroom but that is insane, right? Any other options? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Jn9N0l

No comments:

Post a Comment