Monday 30 March 2020

Two-year-old with the mouth of a sailor...HOW DO I BREAK HIS SWEARING HABIT??


First-time mom here in need of all the advice, tips, tricks, and strategies. I’m at a complete loss here. My precocious toddler is an expert in mimicry. When I water our plants, he likes to pretend to do the same. When I say “cmon dude”, he’ll reply with the same. Unfortunately, after hearing my spouse playing video games and talking to coworkers, he’s picked up on some not-so-cute phrases. AND HE WILL NOT STOP. Every time we FaceTime with family, it’s “fuck you” or some variation. When we went for an oil change, anytime anyone greets him with a smile his response includes the f word. At the grocery store- a big, loud f you to all. I’ve noticed he tends to swear more when he’s embarrassed, feeling angry, and nervous around strangers. I’ve tried sternly telling him “no” and explaining why it’s wrong. I’ve tried time outs. I’ve tried offering replacement words when he says them. Any of you have any experience with a toddler Ari Gold? What worked for you? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2UKca2o

No comments:

Post a Comment