Saturday 28 March 2020

Bottlefeeding with breastmilk advice?


My son was born on 12/03/2020 so he is just over two weeks old. Since day one my girlfriend has been breastfeeding him and it's been going really well, he can be a little fussy around my Mrs (always wants feeding) but he can be soothed and distracted pretty easily until he actually wants feeding properly - which is roughly every two and a half hours.The only thing my girlfriend has been struggling with is the tiredness, usually when I wake up I'll take little man downstairs and give her time to catch up in the morning but she wants me to do some of the night feeds with the bottle while I'm off work, so we have started freezing some of her breastmilk. The only thing is neither of us have any clue how much he should be drinking in a sitting.I've seen articles on how much formula to give but nothing on breastmilk amounts, are they the same amounts that should be given? I just gave him his first bottle feed about half an hour ago and he downed 120ml of breastmilk which I believe is about 4 fluid ounces (whatever that means, sorry I'm Welsh - we use metric!). Does that sound too little, too much or about right?Bit of a silly question but we don't have many friends with children so don't know who to ask! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/39qAr2E

No comments:

Post a Comment