Friday 27 March 2020

My teen is throwing away food and clothing to spite me, help?


My 14 year old daughter was asked to help me unload the car of groceries last week. She came outside in the pouring rain in brand new white socks. I asked her why she didn't put shoes on and said her socks were ruined. She rolled her eyes and ever since this incident has been throwing socks away. I mean, that pair plus I just found about 5 other pair in the trash in plain sight to spite me for correcting her.This has filtered into food where she found a 12 pack of cookies on top of the fridge to last us about a week or more. I told her she could have one. She took two then the next morning I found more IN THE TRASH again in plain sight I guess to spite me again?This is apparently a problem and I have no idea why she is acting out. She is at her father's right now and I am afraid addressing the issue will make her do this more! I have even started hiding food in my own closet given the circumstances! Help? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2UpDqEz

No comments:

Post a Comment