Sunday 29 March 2020

Daughter (2y4m) prefers daddy to the point of violent tantrums


Hello all,I am a mother to a girl that has always been daddy's girl and I am getting desperate. I'm just after a tantrum and crying as I'm typing this, so please forgive mistakes and ask if anything doesn't make sense.A little bit of history, my husband has always been a very happily involved father. I had been home with the LO until she was 1.5y, getting her used to daycare for 3 months prior. During this whole time I have worked consciously on building a strong bond between LO and DH, and from a very early age she showed signs of missing him when being home alone with me.At her 1.5y I returned to work full time. DH works on shorter hours so he picks her up from daycare and they have about 2h a day together before I finish at work.One of the first things I noticed was that when she was little and DH was coming home, she would throw herself around him and he would have to peel her away to even take of his shoes. She rarely greets me with half of the enthusiasm.It has escalated to the point where daddy has to be the one to change the diaper, daddy's the one that can soothe the boo boo etc. If I try to do it myself, or even come close, she would throw a tantrum, and even become violent towards me.My husband will mostly relent with things like giving her food or changing the diaper, his reasoning being that he doesn't want her to sit in her own poop or go hungry. He keeps explaining to LO that this was not nice and mommy can do all those things so much better etc. but to no avail.I have been really sad about these because I take them at face value. Don't get me wrong, we hug, we kiss, we play a lot and there are activities that she prefers to do with me still. I just feel like there are times when my daughter hates my presence and my husband is being more of a mom than I am. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/3bzMwUR

No comments:

Post a Comment