Tuesday 31 March 2020

Help me love my newborn


Im a new dad with a son who will be 1mo old in just a few days. My wife stays at home and i am luckily still working despite this wonderful situation were all in. I love my son most of the time, but every night from about 11-2 he is the most obnoxious screaming inconsolable demon alive. I dread it. He wants to eat non stop, but is also too busy screaming to eat. Tonight my wife caught me telling my son hes a piece of shit and i just wish he would shut the fuck up, among other things. Im sick of people always saying ill miss him being so little, absolutely not. Ive always loved children, but ive never been more angry at a child than i am at my own son every night. Im not a very emotional person, and im in constant physical pain from a skydiving accident 6 years ago. I know paternal depression is a thing. But with everything going on right now, im not much of a priority. And to top ot all off, i cant even sneak out for a drink with a friend or for some time away. I just dont know how to handle my anger and borderline hatred towards this baby. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2UyiafX

No comments:

Post a Comment