Tuesday 31 March 2020

We never had any problems with our son until he turned 10. Now he's being defiant and disrespectful to us


My son has always been a good kid, and I still think he is a good kid deep down. I'm assuming the stuff he's doing right now is a phase, but it's tough. He's our only child so we don't know if this is an age thing or the way he's going to be from now on. He's doing things like calling us names, shoving us and rough housing, playing cruel games pretending to be hurt among other things. Some days he acts like he doesn't like me anymore and won't speak to me or hug me, then other days he acts like he doesn't like his dad. He'll say things like "I like mom better, I don't love you anymore" and hug me in front of dad to "make him jealous." Then on a different day he will do the same and say "I like dad better."He gets lots of attention so I don't think it's that. We've had to take away Playstation privileges for the first time ever this week.Is this part of the pre-teen stage and can you relate? Thanks! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2wVAdU2

No comments:

Post a Comment