Tuesday 31 March 2020

My 4 year old step son refuses to pick up after himself.


I (F20) has askes mulitiple times for my step son (M4) to simply pick up his room. I've tried bribing him by telling him if he picked up his room I'll get him a new toy and things like that. He told me 6 times yesterday to just throw everything away in his room. I've talked ro my significant other about it and he agreed with me that we should just take everything away and give it to children that are in nees. I feel like my step son is a very ungrateful child when it comes to toys and his dvds. He has a tv in his room that is constantly playing even when hes not even in there. I'm tired of always walking on his garbage and stuff like that because he doesnt want to clean up it himself and when I use to help him he would just sit there and watch and not help at all. Would I be considered a bad person if I took everything away when he doesnt even want to clean or pick it up himself. I'm just so tired and stressed out of repeating myself to him. It caused me a major headache yesterday. I almost started taking it out on the baby my (3month almost 4 month old) who didnt do anything. I woke his dad up and told him look I'm seriously about to loose it I need you to deal with it. But could you take all of his stuff away when he repeatedly tells you to throw it away is my question. I'm tired of him saying this and nothing is ever done. We usually take his stuff away for about a week so he knows he'll get it back and do it all over again. Im just tired of dealing with it. Do you guys have any suggestion on how I should handle this? My parents would have tooken everything away and gave it to a child that wants it and would appreciate it. I also would of gotten a butt whoopin for even daying something like that to my parents or my grandparents. I feel like the only way he will learn is if we send his toys and tv and dvd player to someone who will appreciate it. Plus on top of it he breaks his toys on purpose. I just really need help on how to handle such a situation. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2yqqTIx

No comments:

Post a Comment