Tuesday 31 March 2020

Avoidant father


My husband has always avoided child care duties. My daughter is 3 and right now my husband is only working 2 days a week. I have told him that when he’s home I want him to watch her for at least two hours of the day. But he will do anything to avoid being around her and makes excuses day in and day out. “I don’t know what to do” “she wants to watch tv” “I have to wash dishes”. No, dishes don’t need to be washed in those two hours you are with her. There are dozens of activities we have within eye sight of the living room that she loves to do. He will find any chore to do in the house to distract himself from being with our daughter and it’s really bewildering to me. None of these things need to be done in those two hours I set for him and yet all of a sudden it’s of utmost importance and my daughter ends up coming to me because “daddy’s busy”. Spending time with our kid is at the top of my list of things a man should do to show he cares. I’ve told him this enough times that he knows this. And this is telling me he does not care. I’m disappointed on a weekly basis and I don’t know what to do anymore. I have tried everything. I’ve given him literal lists of things he could do with her. I’ve already reached my breaking point. I need time to myself because I spend all my time thinking of things to do with my child and I just want this guy to help and do something of his own volition for once. I’m imploding and he doesn’t give a fuck. How do I make him give a fuck? Should I just die so he learns how to take care of a child? I seriously just want to see him learn even if it requires my actual death. I just can’t stand seeing someone who is so careless. It makes me loathe his existence. I’ve asked people before and they said leave the house for a day. Well can’t really do that now can I? Maybe I will though because I’m desperate. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/3bE3cur

No comments:

Post a Comment