Sunday 29 March 2020

I stutter, and I should have NEVER had children.


I’m a young-ish mom of two toddlers. I have always wanted children, and I was over the moon when I found out I was having my kids.Still, in the back of mind, I knew I shouldn’t have children due to my speech impediment. It’s my crown of thorns, I guess.My stutter is not completely debilitating. I can still function somewhat normally in life. I can hold a job, keep my relationship intact and do mostly everything else required of adulting.My stutter does hold me back in a lot of ways, especially career-wise and socially. I’m very introverted and quiet. I’m not “like the other moms”. I held off on college, because nothing stresses me out more than school and talking.I’m still proud of what I’ve accomplished, even with my stutter.Luckily, I have a very supportive partner that does everything that I’m incapable of, like making appointments, ordering food on the phone and TONS of other things. The kids are very well taken care of, and I make sure of that.I could not function on my own with the kids without my partner, and that’s a fact, Jack!One day, my kids will know that I stutter. They could care less now, since they’re so young. They’ll know that their mom is different and can’t do things other moms can. I’m constantly anxious about talking and going out in public.What if they stutter too? I would never forgive myself. I’m tearing myself to pieces over this. It just hit me the other day, and I can’t stop panicking and crying.Does anyone else stutter and have kids? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2UK5BwP

No comments:

Post a Comment