Saturday 28 March 2020

I want my kids to respect me, but I don’t want them to be afraid of me.


So I have 2 teens and one 5 year old, and I feel that they have little respect for me and my wife. Lamar, my 17 year old son treats us like it’s free housing. He eats when he wants, comes back when he wants, does what he wants. So I’ve decided I that I need to make a proper punishment scheme, because quite frankly he needs to learn that if you do a bad thing, your punished. I want him to understand that in the adult world, his defiant personality could get him into a lot of trouble. My mum says that when she was young, her dad had no shame in saying that he was the “man of the house”, and he had the last say in everything. Of course times have changed greatly since then, but I want some respect in the house, how do I get it without being too intimidating? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2JoiSpI

No comments:

Post a Comment