Tuesday 31 March 2020

6mo daughter is a terrible sleeper


She's actually 5 and a half months old and ever since she turned 4 months old she went from being an unbelievably good sleeper to an awful one. Not the worst, but enough to drive my wife and I insane.She's wakes up crying every hour or so. It's quite easy to get her back down to sleep either through feeding or rocking (mostly the latter), but nothing we do seems to be enough to get her to sleep at least for a 4 hour stretch. This applies to naps too, which are 30 minutes long on average.Things we've tried:Establish a routine: we've got that down pat. Dim the lights, bath, book, feed and then sleep. She's usually sleeping by 7:30 or 8.Use whitenoise: been doing that since she was a newbornSent her to her own room: sooner than we wanted but we moved her crib to her own room to see if it did anything. So far it's been basically the same in terms of sleep.Here's the thing. The one thing I do want to try is sleep training but whenever we go down that road all we find are people suggesting Ferber or a similar variant. My wife is vehemently opposed to CIO, extinction, Ferber, etc.I'm at my wit's end. I'd love literally any advice on what to do.I'll also add that my daughter is breastfed exclusively so there's also that. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/343wEr5

No comments:

Post a Comment