Tuesday 31 March 2020

Looking for advice on Pity Parties.


As the title states, I am looking for advice from other parents who have dealt with what I find myself currently dealing with. My child, 8yo, tends carry around a victims mentality. “There’s nothing for me to do around here.” “I never have anything to play with.” “I can’t do this. It’s too hard.” “My stomach/toe/arm/foot hurts.” “You never take my side on anything.”And many more things along that same line of thinking. Obviously these things are not actually true and only occur when they are not getting their way such as when they can’t play on the phone or have to go to bed when they do not want to. I have read some articles and see that it is a common issue and just wanted some first hand accounts from others who may have dealt with this. It has gotten progressively worse recently (last few months) and I really think I need a better way of dealing with it because I find myself entertaining it more than I probably should. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2WXly5n

No comments:

Post a Comment