Friday 27 March 2020

What is working from home with a baby like?


Hi! I work from home normally and have been planning on keeping my baby (due in July) home with me after I return to work from maternity leave.My job is a lot of computer work with two or three hours of phone meetings a week. I currently work 6am-3pm to keep up the same office hours as my company in a different time zone, but I have some flexibility in when I get work done. My husband is a doctor who has hours all over the place, so some days he may be able to help out in mornings or afternoons but I won’t be able to depend on him for a regular routine.People I know have been pretty negative about this being possible. It’s my first child, so I don’t know really want to expect. My husband and I are super excited, but this pregnancy was unexpected and we aren’t in the financial situation we planned on being in whenever we thought we’d start having kids. We are really trying to avoid paying for childcare if at all possible because of this.I thought with lots of parents working from home right now, maybe you all could offer me some insight into how realistic my hope to work from home with a baby/toddler would be and maybe offer some advice. Thanks!!! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2wGX1XF

No comments:

Post a Comment